poi-user mailing list archives

From "Nigel Brown" <nigel_br...@hotmail.com>
Subject What do these warnings mean?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:06:35 GMT
Hi,
I am currently running a few test to see if I can reuse some excel files
which contain data, without having to design a proper database around them.
I wrote the following code, which attempts to read the number of sheets from
an existing file.

code:

import java.io.*;import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*;import
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.*; public class Test {    public static void
main (String []args) throws IOException{        POIFSFileSystem fs = new
POIFSFileSystem(New FileInputStream("Test.xls"));        HSSFWorkbook wb =
new HSSFWorkbook(fs);        int i = wb.getNUmberOfSheets();
System.out.println(i);    }}

The code compiles, but when I run the program I recieve the following
warnings
[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 69 (105) //repeated four times
[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 11 (17) at cell (29,4) //repeated for a few different
cells
[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 69 (105) at Cell (121,4) // The Ptg 69 warning again
this time on a number of different cells. Then eventually I receive a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and the program exiting.

Sorry for the long winded build up to my questions. What are these Warnings,
can I find any documentation on them ? How do I prevent them and is there a
limit to the size of Excel file I can read ?