poi-user mailing list archives

From Madhusudan Mathihalli <mam...@gmail.com>
Subject Silly question regarding POI-HSSF
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:50:10 GMT
Hi,
  I just started reading about the POI-HSSF, and I've to admit that
it's really a cool project.

I had a pretty silly question regarding using POI-HSSF - please bear
with me and if you've already answered such questions.

Today, some of my collegues are share data via an Excel Spreadsheet.
I'm trying to change this behaviour to saving the data in a database -
however, since they're not used to filling data on a HTML page,
there's been some problems in getting them to use the web interface.

With POI, I think I can give them a Excel-style interface, excel-style
editing capability and on the backend, parse the xls and save the data
on the database.

Question:
- Do you see any problems in this ?
- Do you already know of a similar implementation (if so, can you
please give me some pointers)

Thanks
-Madhu