poi-user mailing list archives

From Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:47:57 GMT
isn't performance always a tradeoff between memory and cpu usage? you
have a huge chunk of data, excel/poi isn't really suited for huge ones.

i wish there was more time in the day so we could merge the performance
branch due to the memory savings.

Pravin Pillai wrote:
> Hi karl, that does work, but I am actually looking for a better way of doing it programatically,
so that I don't have to hold on to this huge data in memory and write it at the end. I cud
do a chunk write, close and open the file, then append the next chunk, but I don't want to
get into that...that will just make it slower.

dealing with huge data. And I think maybe it has got to do with the large number of HSSFCells
being created. Right now I do a single workbook.write() at the end of the operation. Is there
a way I could do the write in chunks or any other ideas to improve the performance. Has anybody
else experienced these issues before.