poi-user mailing list archives

From Kishore Kandikonda <knandakish...@yahoo.com>
Subject POI HSSF file read in Websphere 5.1
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:35:17 GMT
My websphere app server(v 5.1) at times shuts down when the my code is unable to read the excel
spreadsheet uploaded through the web-app. I am supposed to read a csv file, but since poi
asks for an ole type component to read, I am having to convert the .csv file into .xls manually
through the MS Excel app. Does anybody think that I could be messing around with the spreadsheet
format by doing this?

Also, it scares me that an error in file read actually causes the jvm to dump and write to
a core file, rather than it being hadled in my catch block. I cannot possibly allow this to
happen in on a live web site. Does anybody know how this can be handled?

Thanks,
Kishore

P.S. I have tried various ways to convert .csv to .xls and there is no one way which allow
the file to be read for sure.