poi-user mailing list archives

From Tim Forbis <tfor...@dynalivery.com>
Subject RE: How to determine the position in word document using HWPF
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:36:51 GMT
Hi Srinivas,

I am also new to POI, but I have worked exclusively with HWPF, so I might be able to help
a little bit.  I have currently only worked with reading a Word file, but from the classes
it appears writing is in the same format.

What specifically do you mean by "Top left, top right, and bottom right position"?  Are we
speaking of position on the main document page, or in headers and footers?

Thanks,
Tim Forbis

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivas [mailto:srinivas2ps@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 12:42 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: How to determine the position in word document using HWPF

Hi Friends,

Thank you for helping regularly. I am using POI in my application .I am able to read/write
the data from Word Document.And also using the Templates(ie Word Document formats) in my application......

Now my problem is ....I need to create a template in word and then fill the document at run
time.And i will insert the Pre-defined arguments at run time at a particular position(top
left,top right and bottom right positions).But i am not able to get the particular position
in the Word Document.

Please help me How to find the particular position in the word document???

Thank you for your help.

Srinivas