poi-user mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <avik.sengu...@itellix.com>
Subject Re: POI in .NET
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:27:18 GMT
As I said, its cool... have you seen people running eclipse inside IKVM
inside mono? Its totally cool and totally useless ..

But if you wanted to, you could provide reasons like

1. Office COM components are not recommended to be used server side.
(Michael Veit just sent a mail with much more info on this)

2. If you have a client side C# app, want to generate excel in that app,
but cant (or don't want to) ensure that each desktop has office
installed (and paid for!)

Regards
-
Avik