poi-user mailing list archives

From Neil Clifton <neil.clif...@alcatel.com.au>
Subject POI HSSF Excel filter cells (Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter) break HSSF
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:32:24 GMT
Hi,
Anyone out there have any comments or suggestions for me?
Apparently if the HSSF file has cells that are set as filters using Data ->
Filter -> AutoFilter in excel, when reading, I get:

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unable to construct record
instance, the following exception occured: null
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.
java:237)

Also I see:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.SubRecord.createSubRecord(SubRecord.java:60)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.ObjRecord.fillFields(ObjRecord.java:104)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:91)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:56)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.ObjRecord.<init>(ObjRecord.java:62)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.
java:291)

This is easy for me to reproduce with a very simple spreadsheet.
Anyone else get this?
I guess that the excel filter cell is not supported.
I cannot find much recent reference to it.
This is unfortunate because I have seen this filter cell used in many
spreadsheets. It is useful and easy to apply.
I am working a project that will be loading data from some complex spreadsheets
into a database. (I had trouble finding this problem when the filter cells were
in a hidden worksheet).
I would love to find and contribute a fix myself if the project could spare the
time. I cannot fix it in my own time ...
Any help?
Questions welcome.