poi-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Beransky <d...@dembel.org>
Subject problem importing POI generated xls into access
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 23:55:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing a strange problem, which, I suspect may stem from a obscure
error somewhere in POI code.

I'm generating excel files from a template.  Pretty much just finding
certain cells using named ranges, populating them with data from a
database.  Then these files are sent out to various people for approval and
optional adjustments.  When they come back, we import the data into an
access database.

One of the fields that's being output into the template and later imported
into the database is a date stamp.  The date looks right in excel, but
Access gets really confused by something and imports the date as
1/0/1900.  A temporary fix I've found so far is to open the template and
resave it before importing into Access.  Doing this somehow fixes the date
issue.  This is not really a good solution, as we have many files to
process.  Any thoughts?

Here's a sample file exhibiting the problem:
http://dembel.org/neur.xls.  Try importing the "Upload" sheet into Access
and look at the column named "Period"

Thanks
Dmitry