poi-user mailing list archives

From "Durham David Contr 805 CSPTS/SCE" <David.Durh...@scott.af.mil>
Subject RE: Simple Excel Read
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 22:01:52 GMT
> If you cannot find the sample let me know and I will look for it.

Yeah, I found that.  It seemed stupid for me to setup a giant switch
statement to determine the record type (and there are a lot).  Wouldn't
a publish/subscribe event model be more appropriate?  I'm really only
interested in cells.

> One thing you should know - I eventually gave up with this approach
and
> reverted to a more "standard" method of reading the Excel file (in
memory)
> because of limitations I could not seem to get round with reading
certain
> cell formats.

I'm not going to be able to use the event model, either.  It is a lot
faster, though.

Dave