poi-user mailing list archives

From "Karl-Heinz Zengerle" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: Problem Formatting a cell in Excel after using HSSFWorkbook
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 08:07:26 GMT
Hi Steve.

Try something like

HSSFCellStyle oCS = oWB.createCellStyle();
oCS.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getBuiltinFormat("@"));	// text

Does it also happen then?

I didn't discover such problems up to yet.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SMore@empirecorp.org [mailto:SMore@empirecorp.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 20:15
An: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Problem Formatting a cell in Excel after using HSSFWorkbook

I am creating a HSSFWorkbook with HSSFCell and it works pretty well.
The cells are created using text values not number values and when this
is
viewed in Excel none of the cells can be formatted using the Excel
format
functions.

If you take the following example:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html#DataFormats

and change one of the:
	cell.setCellValue(11111.25);
	cell.setCellValue("11111.25");

compile and run, you will see this problem when trying to format column
A.

Should I submit this as a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

-Thanks
Steve More

NOTICE:  This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended solely for delivery to the specific person
identified as the recipient.  Any review, re-transmission, dissemination
or
other use or taking of any action in reliance upon this e-mail by
persons
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this
e-mail
in error, please contact us at (smore@empirecorp.org) and delete from
your
computer system, or otherwise from you records, the information, which
was
transmitted to you in error.