poi-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject Re: POI & Lucene integration
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:49:56 GMT
Thanks for the info (comments inline),

More generally:

<quote source="http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/">
Lucene for which we'll soon have file format interpretors.
</quote>

I guess I have the latest information on Word support. Any advances for
excel format? Any alpha quality code I could test?

cheers,
sv

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Ryan Ackley wrote:

> Stephane,
>
> The textmining.org became sort of a stop gap to support people who wanted to
> extract text from Word docs while I was working on HWPF. However now there
> is a feature in the textmining.org library that I don't plan on adding to
> HWPF and that is support for Word 6.0/95.

Is there a reason for this?

> The post I made to lucene-user about PowerPoint to text was a repost from
> poi-user that someone had posted. I haven' t gotten around to testing it out
> but I have referred several people to it and I haven't heard back from them,
> so I assume it works.

ok, I'll probably add the original post to the lucene wiki so as to not
lose the information.

> The relationship between textmining.org and POI is that I am the principal
> author of HWPF and I am the principal author of the textmining.org
> libraries. I should just donate it to lucene because it is becoming a major
> hassle to maintain. Although I don't know...it has gotten me some side work.
> So I don't know what I plan on doing with it.

Side work is good ;) I know of a few people who happily use the package.
As a future user of your contributions, I'd like to thank you is advance.