poi-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject POI & Lucene integration
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:52:47 GMT
Hi everyone.

I'm planning on using POI to add MSOffice doc support to my app using
Lucene. I know there's been work going on to facilitate the integration.
I've checked-out the latest dist out of cvs, did a grep -i lucene on the
*java files. Found nothing. Is the work available somewhere (or any
interesting references)?

On another note, I'm trying out TextMining, and I'm a bit confused. It
comes distributed with classes in a org.apache.poi package I can't find in
the poi dist: poi-bin-2.5-final-20040302.tar.gz, specifically:
org/apache/poi/hwpf/*

What is the relationship between the projects?

Slightly OT, Ryan, in this message:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lucene-user&m=108030527420219&w=4

you mentioned maybe adding a basic support for powerpoint doc text
extraction. Has anyone looked at this?

cheers,
Stephane Vaucher
CIRANO