poi-user mailing list archives

From KamalaPothuku...@BigLots.com
Subject Re: AW: does poi 2.5 support lists
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:07:34 GMT
hi Karl-Heinz,

Thanks for the prompt reply.Iam trying to read a simple excel file that
contians a list.Iam using POI to read the excel file.I get exception.I
wnat to read the fiel and add then write to that file.I need this
functionality in my project.I tried doing it to a sample excel file.You
said you have not used POI ?do u mean u have not used it to even read the
excel file?Even iam using the latest POI version 2.5.
Iam sending you the client code and the sample excel fiel.coudl you help
me out with this.
Thanks for the help
Kamala

POIFSFileSystem fs  =new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream("c:/excels/trialworkbook.xls"));

                HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);
                HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
                HSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(5);
                HSSFCell cell = row.getCell((short)1);
                System.out.println("cell : "+cell);
                if (cell == null)
                {
                          System.out.println("inside if");
                  cell = row.createCell((short)1);
                  cell.setCellType(HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_STRING);
                  cell.setCellValue("test");
                }
                else
                        cell.setCellValue("test");
                System.out.println(cell.getStringCellValue());
                FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream("c:/excels/trialworkbook.xls");
                wb.write(fileOut);
                fileOut.close();
                }catch(Exception e)
                {