poi-user mailing list archives

From "gopal sharma" <go...@translineindia.com>
Subject Need help
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:22:55 GMT
Hi Friends,
I want to send the contents of  html page(jsp) to excel file.
This I want to happen on the click of the button.
I have written a function name
function jspToExcel()
{
        <%
           HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
           HSSFSheet s = wb.createSheet();
           response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=gopal.xls");
           OutputStream output = response.getOutputStream();
           wb.write(output);
           out.close();
           return;
    %>
}

and I am calling this function on button click.
But when I try to execute the jsp page I get "Compilation Error"
If i remove "return " statement, I get  illegalStateException.

Pl . help me where I am wrong.
As I have seen the others mail, I have tried to follow same thing.I have
included  all library.

with regards

Gopal