poi-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Joshua" <daniel.jos...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Unable to use a template (xls) file containing a wmf graphic
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:08:33 GMT
Hi,

I encountered a similiar problem as Mathieu. (I did a search on the archives
and realised I am not the only one)

Let me state my exact scenario in hopes that my added details will help.

I use POI to create Excel spreadsheets with dynamic data using a template
(.xls) file.
Previously, I was using and older version of POI [File size: 605 KB (620,262
bytes)] which worked fine.
However, I recently upgraded it to POI 2.5 Final, and it started having
problems.
I been using the same test files for both versions (if anyone want a copy I
can send it to you).

What happen is that there was a graphic in my excel which caused the
produced Excel file which could not be opened.
Also, there was NO exceptions/errors thrown from POI.

Later when I read the below post, I tried to remove the graphic and 'viola'
it worked correctly.

Has anyone an idea why this is happening? Any quick remedies?

My system specs:
OS: Windows 2000 Server
JRE: 1.4.1_02-b06
Excel 2000 (9.0.2720)