poi-user mailing list archives

From "Karl-Heinz Zengerle" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: can't open workbook
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:11:38 GMT
Hi Avik.

We call Eclipse the following way:
	c:
	cd \eclipse
	C:\j2sdk1.4.1_05\bin\javaw.exe -cp c:\eclipse\startup.jar
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -showsplash
c:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xmx256M -Xss1024k -showsplash 600

So I'ld say that calling Eclipse we first call javaw which then calls
eclipse and tells it its desired memory.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Avik Sengupta [mailto:avik.sengupta@itellix.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. März 2004 16:04
An: POI Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: can't open workbook

Are you forking a separate JVM from eclipse to run your tests? That
might have its own settings.

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 19:19, Karl-Heinz Zengerle wrote:
> Hi Avik.
>
> The Excel file has 3 MB. The Java VM has 256 MB. In that case
> (JSP-Tomcat) it runs successfully.
>
> Eclipse itselfs seems not to react add the added start parameter
> "-vmargs -Xmx256M" (which should increase the max heap size according
> the documentation). Even doubling this value didn't help.
>
> Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> > Method)
> >       at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
> > ccessorImpl.java:39)
> >       at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
> > tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
> >       at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
> >       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java
> > :257)
> >       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.jav
> > a:193)
> >       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:207)
> >       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:174)
> > <-- POI
> >       at webCRT.XlCRTImport.<init>(XlCRTImport.java:120)
> > <-- our application
> >       at webCRT.XlCRTImport.importCRTFile(XlCRTImport.java:324)
> >       at webCRT.XlCRTTstImp.TestImportFiles(XlCRTTstImp.java:275)
> >       at webCRT.XlCRTImport.main(XlCRTImport.java:186)
> > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal length
> >       at

org.apache.poi.util.StringUtil.getFromUnicodeHigh(StringUtil.java:114)
> >       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.fillFields(FontRecord.java:172)
> >       at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:127)
> >       at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:92)
> >       at
> > org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.<init>(FontRecord.java:125)
> >       ... 12 more
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea of possible reasons? Opening the workbook
is
> > the first POI action. So it can't be in our application.
> >
> > Since several months small files where all sheets are visible and
not
> > locked in any way the application runs without problems. Now the
Excel