poi-user mailing list archives

From "Karl-Heinz Zengerle" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject can't open workbook
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:42:05 GMT
Hi world,

When our application processed the following command

      this.oiWB = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

the exception below is thrown.

Method)
      at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
ccessorImpl.java:39)
      at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java
:257)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.jav
a:193)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:207)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:174)
<-- POI
      at webCRT.XlCRTImport.<init>(XlCRTImport.java:120)
<-- our application
      at webCRT.XlCRTImport.importCRTFile(XlCRTImport.java:324)
      at webCRT.XlCRTTstImp.TestImportFiles(XlCRTTstImp.java:275)
      at webCRT.XlCRTImport.main(XlCRTImport.java:186)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal length
      at
org.apache.poi.util.StringUtil.getFromUnicodeHigh(StringUtil.java:114)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.fillFields(FontRecord.java:172)
      at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:127)
      at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:92)
      at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.<init>(FontRecord.java:125)
      ... 12 more

Does anybody have an idea of possible reasons? Opening the workbook is
the first POI action. So it can't be in our application.

Since several months small files where all sheets are visible and not
locked in any way the application runs without problems. Now the Excel
file has grown very much (around our basic handling) and some sheets are
hidden and some sheets are locked.

Regards,
Karl-Heinz Zengerle