poi-user mailing list archives

From Guest <vicka...@yahoo.com>
Subject Number of data rows
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:34:37 GMT
Hello All,

I am a new POI user. I have a problem reading the excel sheet.
Basically i m trying to read the row from excel sheet and put it in a text file.
But, when i m reading the files..how can i know how many number of rows i have
to iterate
over the sheet??? I tried with sheet.getPhysicalNumberOfRows() method and also
with the
sheet.rowIterator()...but i believe this is not what i want.

For ex: In a excel sheet, if i have a template where i have yellow background
upto 15 rows
and data on that column upto 5 rows. Both the above methods are returning me 15
instead of 5.
Why?? Is there any method which will just check for the values???

Please reply.
regards
vicks