poi-user mailing list archives

From John J Lee <...@pobox.com>
Subject Editing embedded Excel "web query" data?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:44:54 GMT
Excel has a feature called web queries:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=162080
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157482

Is it possible to edit the web query data with HSSF or POIFS?

Despite the fact that these things are specified using .iqy files (see
second link above), the .iqy data isn't kept in a storage, unfortunately
(as I'm sure the wizards here are aware) -- it's just part of the big
"Workbook" storage, in some format I haven't a hope of unscrambling by
myself.

I would try just hacking the storage data directly, but the web query URL
is all mixed up with cell data in some weird way!

John