poi-user mailing list archives

From Easwar Thondikulam <easwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Excel Files using POI/HSSF
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:54:07 GMT
I have a JSP that needs to display the data in Excel
format.

I have using the POI/HSSF classes and when the page is
served, the data is in a mode that is not legible.

I have used the ServletOuputStream and I have done the
foll.

response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");

response.setHeader("Content-disposition","attachment;
filename=file.xls");

ServletOutputStream sos = response.getOutputStream();
HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
.
.
.
.

wb.write(sos);
sos.flush();
sos.close();

What should I do so that I am able to read the data?

Any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.
Easwar