poi-user mailing list archives

From Anshul Patni <patn...@yahoo.com>
Subject cell type check necessary
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:12:41 GMT
Hello All,

I am new to POI (HSSF).
I have a Excel template. When user press excel download, i want to fill the excel file with
the data from db. I am trying to do the following:

I copied the template (successfully) and then try to fill the values to the sheet.
I have a small question. Is it necessary to check the cell.getCellType() before inserting
a value to the cell. Moreover if i copied a template, do i need to create rows and cells in
the excel sheet to fill the data or i can directly say getRow and getCell stuff.

Regards
vicky