poi-user mailing list archives

From "Karl-Heinz Zengerle" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: Combo Box
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:25:46 GMT
Hi Ruben.

That's exactly why we mix the usage of POI and Excel macros. You might
use an invisible sheet where you write that data and possibly some
indicator which tells you that you've to fill the combo box when opening
Excel (if you don't always like to do it).

Then it's POI without any "exotic" elements.

In that case you shouldn't use the Excel combo boxes because they can't
be filled as comfortable as the "normal" ones in VB.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Danny Mui [mailto:danny@muibros.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Februar 2004 19:16
An: POI Users List
Betreff: Re: Combo Box

I don't think we have any support for Data Validation at this moment.
There have been some talk about implementing it on the list but I do not

think it is available.  A possible workaround with any unsupported
feature in HSSF is to use a template that has that feature in it and
fill in your data as you go.