poi-user mailing list archives

From Sanjeeva_Parwati...@freddiemac.com
Subject Excel: Too many different cell formats
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:17:24 GMT

I resolved the issue.  Although cellStyles were highly reused  whenever the
styles were being set on the cells , I was creating temporary styles by
creating new styles. Be careful not to call workbook.createCellStyle( )
too may times  whether you use it or not.

Sanjeev Parwatikar
----- Forwarded by Sanjeeva Parwatikar/HQ/FHLMC on 01/22/2004 12:54 PM
-----

                      Sanjeeva

                      Parwatikar               To:       poi-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      01/16/2004 03:38         Subject:  Excel: Too many different  cell formats

                      PM

I have excel workbook containing many sheets where each contains around
5000 cells.  The total number of cell styles created and used are less than
25 and are  maintained in a registry (highly reused).  Even though the cell
styles created are very less, I cannot open the generated excel workbook
(too many different cell formats error).

Please refer to
http://www.mail-archive.com/poi-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01529.html

Sanjeev Parwatikar