poi-user mailing list archives

From Michael Zalewski <zalew...@optonline.net>
Subject RE: Excel charts
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:04:51 GMT
'Need to be started' would be more accurate.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But charts depend on the drawing layer. So
I don't think you can get chart support until after you implement the
drawing layer.

Implementation of the drawing layer would allow you to insert images into
your workbook. And draw lines, rectangles, arrows, flowcharts, etc. It's a
huge task.

Even after there is support for the Office Drawing objects, charts will
probably be another huge task on top of that. Image support has been
promised "real soon now". However, I would expect it will be a few more
months (at least).

On 5/30/2003,
> Nope, but that¹s my priority numero uno once I get back from
> JavaOne.  It will take a few months, but we'll make it happen.

On 10/23/2003,
> There should be some escher support being committed Real Soon
> Now(tm).  Stay tuned.

On 12/3/2003,