poi-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Glick" <B.Gl...@Freightek.com>
Subject RE: BRAIN GLICK: RE: Is there a bug in the setPrintArea()?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:19:53 GMT
I've never used the page break feature.  Sorry.

Brian Glick

-----Original Message-----
From: Lior Shliechkorn [mailto:liorshliech@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 12:07 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: BRAIN GLICK: RE: Is there a bug in the setPrintArea()?

Brian,

I tried to do that it wasn't working right either. I want to be able to
fit a report that is 400 pages with 3 columns being cut off so that each
page prints correctly without the remainder columns causing the print
job to be 800 pages.

Once I set the printarea to be from A to N, I can see that there is a
bounding box around that print area, however, I guess I'm trying to make
it work more as a page break(?). How can I modify the page break?

Thanks,

Lior

Brian Glick <B.Glick@Freightek.com> wrote:
I don't know if you're trying to get the entire width of the spreadsheet
on the page, but if you are, try something like this:

//format sheet
HSSFSheet sht = wb.getSheetAt(i);
HSSFPrintSetup pSetup = sht.getPrintSetup();
sht.setAutobreaks(true);
pSetup.setFitWidth((short) 1);
pSetup.setFitHeight((short) 0);
pSetup.setLandscape(true);