poi-user mailing list archives

From Larry Sanderson <la...@sanderson.net>
Subject MS Access export file...
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:13:47 GMT
This is kind of an odd question, I'm sure - I hope someone can help me.  I am
working with an Access DB that is holding binary data in an OLEObject field.
This binary data is being dumped to xml (base64 encoded first), and sent to a
Unix environment.

On the Unix environment, I am parsing the xml, base64-decoding the binary
field, and finding a lot more that I bargained for - the file was there, but
with a bunch of extra header/footer gibberish.  I was guessing that the
entire OLE object was dumped, and I had hoped that the POI project could help
me restore the original file.

Unfortunately, I am at a loss.  I have tried using a POIFSFileSystem with the
file, but it is reporting an error: "Invalid header signature"

Any thoughts / suggestions / references?

Thanks for any help!

-Larry