poi-user mailing list archives

From Mark Meyer <MMe...@TravelCLICK.net>
Subject RE: can POI create a PDF from an XLS?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:06:02 GMT
> Hi,
>
> We have successfully used POI for creating simple Word
> Documents and FOP for creating PDF documents.
>
> All the information you need on FOP can be found at:
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/
>
> Cheers,
> Simon.

hello simon,

thank you for the response.  i reviewed the FOP site and also found a link
to something called iText.

i am new to this area - so i am still grappling with all of the options and
lib's out there.  maybe i need to restate my problem statement.

Problem statement:

given the fact that i am programmatically creating XLS files, using POI, out
on the unix file system - how would i then programmatically take each of the
generated XLS files and translate them to PDF format?

Can POI programmatically read in an XLS file and "save as" a PDF document?

Can FOP read in an XLS file and translate it to PDF?

Can iText read in an XLS file and translate it to PDF?

thank you
mark