poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Document properties, HPSF and POIFileSystems
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:32:14 GMT
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Nick Burch wrote:
> Since I'm also getting information from the spreadsheet itself via the
> hssf.usermodel stuff, which accepts a POIFSFileSystem object, I thought
> I'd do something similar (rather than the eventfilesystem route described
> in docs/POI/hpsf/how-to.html)

I've figured this out for myself. In case anyone else is interested, the
trick was to create a DocumentInputStream from the DocumentNode I've
found, then use this to create the PropertySet object

I've attached a patch for org/apache/poi/hpsf/PropertySetFactory which
allows you to call PropertySetFactory.create on a POIFSFilesystem, as well
as on an InputStream as you currently can

Nick