poi-user mailing list archives

From "Hart, Justin" <JH...@sfa.com>
Subject RE: Applet
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:29 GMT
I just joined the list bud.

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: avik.sengupta@itellix.com [mailto:avik.sengupta@itellix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 6:27 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: Applet

Justin,

As you would have seen from some of the other responses, the docs on the site
refer to cvs HEAD, and thus dont correspond to 1.5.1. The docs for 1.5.1 are
included in the download.

So you have a couple of options. You could try 2.0RC1. That one does not log by
default. However, remember, you need Jdk1.3 with it.

The simplest, since you have the source, is to make a one line change to
POILogger.java to return false from the check method in all circumstance,
bypassing all other method calls. This should be simple.

As far as trusted applets go, I am not an expert, but i seem to remember from
long ago that one needed assert a higher level of privileges before doing any
privileged operations. Also, the MS and sun JVM's have different behaviour in
this area. Maybe a google search would help.

HTH
-
Avik