poi-user mailing list archives

From "Rizzo, Mike" <Mike.Ri...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: How to Determine if a Spreadsheet Contains Macros or VBA
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:59:18 GMT
Thanks, it doesn't make sense to me yet, but that's because I need to become
more familiar with POI and the Excel file format. What I'm really trying to
do is write a servlet that will scan an office doc and let us know if there
is any kind of VB, VBA, Macros (or whatever else can be in an office doc
that can cause a dialog box to be instantiated when the doc is opened).  I'd
really like to not have to write an active x control in vb or vc++ and set
up some M$ servers -- and any chance I get to use an open source solution is
one that I will pursue.  But as you can tell, I'm very new to the office
document file structure and to POI -- but luckily not to Java.

I have the event api example from the HSSF website working, could this just
be another record type that I put in the switch statement? Or is it not that
easy?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 4:08 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: How to Determine if a Spreadsheet Contains Macros or VBA

Yes.  Use the (org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.)POIFSViewer to get a more specific
name -- however if I recall you can look for a node in the POIFS document
tree called "VBA_MACRO".  You can look at the
(o.a.p.h.usermodel.)HSSFWorkbook source to see how we walk the tree to copy
the macros.

Does that Make sense?

On 11/18/03 12:10 PM, "Rizzo, Mike" <Mike.Rizzo@ubs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use POI to determine if a spreadsheet contains macros or
> VBA.  Is this possible with POI?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Rizzo
>

> Please do not transmit orders or instructions regarding a UBS account by
> email. The information provided in this email or any attachments is not an
> official transaction confirmation or account statement. For your
protection,
> do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card
> numbers, passwords or other non-public information in your email. Because
> the information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential,
> proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure, please notify us
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer
> if you have received this communication in error.  Thank you.
>
> UBS Financial Services Inc.
> UBS International Inc.

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.