poi-user mailing list archives

From Marius Oancea <mari...@sec.co.ro>
Subject AreaPtg in Data validation
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:30:21 GMT
Hi,
    I created DVRecord and DVALRecord needed to support data validation
in xls.

  I created this 2 records by yaking info from "Excel Developer Guide".

  I have a problem.

Example of the problem:

1. List data validation using inline values:

	I create a cell (D4). I create a validation rule for area D4:D4 and setted ruleType = 3 (list
validation). At this validation rule i set Expression1 as "\"entry1;entry2;entry3;....\"".

	I generate xls and all is ok but the length of Expression1 cannot be more than 256 char (limitation
given by the excel formulas).

	To workaround this problem I tryed another approach:

	I created some other cells (E1 containing entry1, E2 containing entry2 .....). Then i told
to the validation rule that the validity is by formula and as expression 1 i setted "=$E$1:$E$4".

	The dropdown refuse to open in this case. If i go to cell D4 and open the Data Validation
xls menu and then close all is woking then.

	I tried to use biffviewer to look what is changed but nothing is changed in DV or DVAL records.

	The problem appears to be from AreaPtg line 136.

	If I change :
        	array[offset] = (byte) (sid *+ ptgClass*);

	into
        	array[offset] = (byte) (sid);

	then all is working. I just wanted to ask you if this hes no inpact on other thins too.

	10x
		Marius

--
"Why program by hand in five days what you can spend five years of your life automating."
- Terence Parr