poi-user mailing list archives

From Jan Teegen <tee...@risclog.de>
Subject OutOfMemoryError at large Excel Sheets
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:37:32 GMT
Hello,
i want to create an Excel file with 36 columns and 33168 rows out of my
database. i guess that are amount 1,2 millon cells.
When i want to create an Excel File with these number of cells i'll
become an error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
i know that this failure occurs because my programm creates 1,2 million
cells (and HSSFCell-Object). Now my question.
Is it possible to create an Excel-File row by row. Now i create a
workbook, then a sheet, row and cells. not until all cells are created i
write the workbook in the file.
is there any alternative to put row after row into the Excel-File. So i
don't need to create 1,2 million objects of HSSFCell ?

Thanks

Jan Teegen