poi-user mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <a...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Columns
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:19:01 GMT
The desired effect can be obtained by writing ('X'-65) .. its a valid
java code fragment, you know :). So this is a perfectly valid way.. some
times.

But it wont always work since column references can be two letters. In
which case I would point you to see the code in
org.apache.poi.hssf.util.CellReference#convertColStringToNum(String ref)
Regards
-
Avik