poi-user mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <avik.sengu...@itellix.com>
Subject Re: Platform dependent encoding (problems running on linux)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:36:54 GMT
>POI must use the system default
Yeah, and that was a  bug. Quite a lot of cleanup was done before
2.0pre2 and pre3 to ensure that it does not use platform default.
However, this is an issue whenever strings are created from byte arrays,
so there might be some such code left over.. but i think SSTRecord
should be clean now. It certainly wasnt in 1.5.1

Morten, re your comment on ISO-8859-1 wont do, actually cp1252 is quite
the same! see http://www.kostis.net/charsets/cp1252.htm for example...
but anyways, i think your problem should go away when you upgrade.

Regards
-
Avik

PS: as i said above, SST record should be double byte clean, so cell
values should be fine. We've also cleaned up named ranges, and string
formula results, which also should be fine for double byte chars.
However, sheet names are doubtful even in 2.0RC1 .. you need to test
those.