poi-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <sack...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Using POI (POIFS, HWPF) to parse MS word and extract necessary info?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:35:31 GMT

>     My problems are:
>     a) Would it be as easy as simple concatenation?
> (too ideal? LoL)
>     b) Can it be done with POIFS easily?

What you describe is not trivial or easy with just POIFS. I am furiously
working on HWPF but I don't know when I will have a release ready.

> other possible ways of doing this, e.g. OpenOffice
> java api, but until now i still don't know much about
> that. :-P

OpenOffice would work and it works on multiple platforms but not as many as
java. Or, if you plan on this beng run on a Windows only machine, just use
vbscript or C#.

If its very urgent, I recommend you hire someone at
http://www.superlinksoftware.com because they specialize in this type of
development. It would probably save you a lot of time.

Ryan