poi-user mailing list archives

From Marius Oancea <mari...@sec.co.ro>
Subject Re: RowRecord.set/getOutlineLevel not available in HSSFRow. Why ? Not ready or not implemented at all.
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:07:34 GMT
Danny Mui wrote:

> It may have been an oversight?  Typically records will not be
> available to the high level API.  Expose it in the HSSFRow and see if
> it works?  Some of the records are generated automatically and if
> nobody has a need for a feature (or possible need) it won't be exposed
> to the user level APIs.

I eposed in HSSFRecord a method setOutlineLevel(short) that make no more
than row.setOulineLevel.

The strange thing is that outputed xls file is diplayed correctly under
if I open the xls in OpenOffice or StarOffice but in Excel 97,2000 or
2002 the ouline is not displayed.

If I go deep in the api and create some  GutsRecords then the folding
control is displayed also in Excel.

Any ideea what to do ?

I realy want to contribute some coe here but I have no ideea hot to
approach the problem.

Thanx
    Marius

> Marius Oancea wrote:
>
>> I see in the class RowRecord some interesting methods
>> setOutlineLevel(). Is there any way to access that mathod from
>> HSSFRow class ?
>>
>> Also that generated xsl  will do the outlineing  ok if i'll find a
>> way to access RowRecord ?
>>

>> I want to create a xsl like the attached one.
>>
>> Any other idea how to do that rowfolding ?
>>
>> Is very complicate to try to contribute at poi HSSF to create that
>> feature ? It is very important for me.
>>

>> Best Regards and 10x a lot,
>>    Marius OANCEA

"Why program by hand in five days what you can spend five years of your life automating."
- Terence Parr