poi-user mailing list archives

From "Prashant Patel" <ppa...@lukensgroup.com>
Subject Question about POI Excel API
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:55:38 GMT
I am new to POI. We are currently looking for a tool that allows our
desktop application (written in Java) to interface with MS Excel. This
tool should provide access to most of all features MS excel has. Can I
achieve this with POI API? If not, Can anybody tell me which product in
the market provides this type of functionalities? I really appreciate
any help. Does POI support following features?

*	Dynamic Data Exchange functionality

*         Read/Write comment from/to cell

*         Graphs (Whatever Graphs supported by MS excel, are they
supported in POI?)

*         Read/write/update/create/delete worksheet and workbooks

*         Copy/paste data from one worksheet to another

*	Copy worksheet from one workbook to another/same workbook

*         Assign formula to cell

*	Format Cell

Thanks

Prashant Patel