poi-user mailing list archives

From Parker Thompson <park...@archive.org>
Subject Re: extracting hrefs
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:08:32 GMT
FYI, I was making this harder than it needed be.  I wanted to post my
solution here for anyone who wanted it, and am also taking any suggestions
for improvement:

public class PoiDocParser {

	public static void main(String[] args){

		Writer out = new StringWriter();

		WordDocument w;
		try{
			w = new WordDocument("/home/parkert/test.doc");
			w.writeAllText(out);

		}catch(IOException e){
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

		String page = out.toString();

		int currentPos = -1;
		int linkStart = -1;
		int linkEnd = -1;
		char quote = '\"';

		currentPos = page.indexOf("HYPERLINK");
		while(currentPos >= 0){

			linkStart = page.indexOf(quote, currentPos) + 1;
			linkEnd = page.indexOf(quote, linkStart);

			String hyperlink = page.substring(linkStart,
linkEnd);

			System.out.println("link: '" + hyperlink + "'");

			currentPos = page.indexOf("HYPERLINK", linkEnd +
1);
		}
	}
}