poi-user mailing list archives

From max....@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: problem opening generated Excel file in Excel
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:46:12 GMT

I know this is not so much as help as a glint of hope, but i've been using
poi (> 1.9) to generate readable 5+mb files without any problems (besides
massive memory requirements...)

                      Liyu.Xu@Dresdner-

                      Bank.com                 To:       poi-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      10/07/03 08:37           Subject:  problem opening generated Excel file
in Excel
                      Please respond to

                      poi-user

Hi,
I use POI 1.10.0 to generate Excel file and write it out. The file has 20
columns and many rows. This works fine, I don't have any problem to
generate
the file.
My problem is, if the generated file is big (e.g. 1,4MB), Excel can not
read
it,
giving the error dialog box: unable to read file. If the file ist smaller
(e.g. 1MB), Excel can read it without problem. (I try to read the file both
in Excel 97 and Excel 2000)

Can anybody tell me why excel can not read the generated file?

Thanks for any help,

Liyu