poi-user mailing list archives

From max....@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: Very complex SpreadSheets...
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:54:33 GMT

I've achieved that using excel itself - by embedding a macro that
recalculates a given sheet on open, ie:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    Sheet1.Calculate

End Sub

this works fine with poi > 1.9

                      avik@apache.org

                                               To:       poi-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      10/07/03 05:28           cc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Re: Very complex SpreadSheets...

                      poi-user

You've already found the bug, but just to be clear... you'll still have
to open the sheet in excel for it to recalculate.. there is no way to
recalculate it within poi. the bug is for the fact that the
recalculation should happen transparently as soon as the sheet is
opened, but sometimes doesnt, and forces you to click on each cell to
ensure recalculation.

HTH
-
Avik