poi-user mailing list archives

From "Reeve, Adam" <adam.re...@gs.com>
Subject RE: creating second hssf sheet
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:35:02 GMT
Excel seems happy with quite a lot of styles (I've had it take over 100 with
no problems) - do you really need more than that? I think what it comes down
to is that this is a limitation of excel. If you can create the layout you
need in Excel using the GUI, then you can create it using HSSF. If not,
well, you're stuck. Best bet? try it and see.

-----Original Message-----
From: Singh, Arshi (Indsys) [mailto:Arshi.Singh@geind.ge.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:24 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: creating second hssf sheet

Your strategy is good but what if i need a style that is a combination of a
couple of styles...like color, bold, underline, border, align, background,
fontsize, font type etc. The style required could be a combination of any of
these styles which is not known to me in advance. Should i create a cache of
all possible permutations n combinations of these styles? Wouldnt that end
up exceeding the "Too many styles " limit.

Arshi