poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Out of Memory Error
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:01:36 GMT
On 7/24/03 2:27 PM, "Laubach Shawn Contr OC-ALC/PSB"
<Shawn.Laubach@tinker.af.mil> wrote:

> I'm getting an out of memory error on the tests, specifically:
>   [junit] Running org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.TestSmallBlockTableReader
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> I've set java to run with 1024M and also set the argument for ANT to do the
> same and still the same result.  This happens in the release branch.
>
> Shawn

Now that's weird....  Do you not have 1024M to give it?  IT could be that
the JVM is starting with the -Xms setting and then when the heap grows
blowing out because the OS won't give any more.

BTW, none of the performance merge changes address POIFS.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi