poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: POI for stuff other than Excel
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:04:40 GMT
POIFS is entirely capable of that.  In the event it uses property sets, HPSF
can read them.  ATM it can't write them but that¹s mostly a matter of
community drive.

Early on someone at British Airways was using POIFS for their proprietary
office format.

I'm not against AAF being a peer API to HSSF/HWPF/HPSF as part of POI.
Oddly, you're not the first to ask.  We'll happily help by sharing knowledge
and experience in porting OLE2CDF formats.  I don't personally plan to
commit any code to such a project (AAF) but since you're not the first to
ask, I  bet "if you build it, they will come".

-A