poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: event model vs iterating over rows
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:46:14 GMT
The rows are returned in the order in which they are in the file.  There is
NOTHING to guarantee that the row records will be before the cell records,
group the cell records, etc.  You must just process cell and row records
wherever they pop up independently as any order is valid.  You could make
some assumptions that would work "most of the time" but its not the 90
sheets you read that people remember, its the 10 you don't.

For CSV, you'll probably need to add cells to some kind of data structure.
Basically a 2 dimensional array or List of some kind then iterate over
supposing you wish to use the event model.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi