poi-user mailing list archives

From Laubach Shawn Contr OC-ALC/PSB <Shawn.Laub...@tinker.af.mil>
Subject RE: Out of Memory Error
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:05:55 GMT
I have about 600M free on the box and a huge swap space.

Even weirder, I ran the test outside of the unit test in ant and it ran in
.4xxx ms and gave no problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:acoliver@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 2:02 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: Out of Memory Error

On 7/24/03 2:27 PM, "Laubach Shawn Contr OC-ALC/PSB"
<Shawn.Laubach@tinker.af.mil> wrote:

> I'm getting an out of memory error on the tests, specifically:
>   [junit] Running org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.TestSmallBlockTableReader
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> I've set java to run with 1024M and also set the argument for ANT to do
the
> same and still the same result.  This happens in the release branch.
>
> Shawn

Now that's weird....  Do you not have 1024M to give it?  IT could be that
the JVM is starting with the -Xms setting and then when the heap grows
blowing out because the OS won't give any more.

BTW, none of the performance merge changes address POIFS.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi