poi-user mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <a...@apache.org>
Subject RE: creating second hssf sheet
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:45:31 GMT
That code obviously wont work.. the style is accessed when serialisation
happens, and by then the style is ALIGN_RIGHT.

The general strategy is

HSSFCellStyle right =
wb.createCellStyle();right.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_RIGHT);

HSSFCellStyle left =
wb.createCellStyle();left.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_GENERAL);

while(i have data){
	... create cell;
	if (cell should be right) cell.setStyle(right); else
cell.setStyle(left);
}

Caveat: The above is very pseudo code... please check the api.

As regards your question on clearing after a sheet, afaik, formats are
stored globally in the workbook, not at each sheet. Tho i must say that
the exact semantics of when Excel complains about "Too many styles" is
not fully known.