poi-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Jaeger" <christoph.jae...@dhl.com>
Subject IE loads Excel-Sheet twice
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:31:39 GMT
Hi,

I apologize if this is a bit off topic, but I thought someone on this
list may have experienced the same problems and found a solution
already.

I use POI to generate reports from a database. POI is used in a servlet,
which serves the Excel sheet to a web-browser.

Everything is fine for small sheets (several hundred to a few thousand
rows). The result is just as expected. But when I try to do a bigger
query (say, 7000 rows) IE behaves strangely: first a request is sent to
the server to generate the Excel file. This file is downloaded (as it
seems), but when the next page comes up in IE, showing Excel, the Excel
program sends a second request to load the sheet. This time, the session
information (included in a cookie) is "forgotten", and so the query does
not work (does only work for logged in users, but without session
information I can not determine the user).

The same thing works without any problems on my Linux box using Galeon
as a web browser (and Gnumeric or Open Office to view the Excel sheet).

Has anyone on this list already experienced a similar problem?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Christoph J├Ąger