poi-user mailing list archives

From "Janarthan S" <janart...@akshay.co.in>
Subject Setting the data format of Cell Style
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:20:09 GMT
Hi,

I am using HSSF in my project. I am using the following code -
      HSSFCellStyle mStyle = vWorkbook.createCellStyle();
      mStyle.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getFormat("($#,##0.00_);[Red]($#,##0.00)"));

So in the genereated excel sheet i get my o/p as $224,689.91, which is fine for English users.
Some of my users are Japanese. I want the yen sign to appear in the generated o/p.
Please help me in this regard.

I went through the docs for HSSFDataFormat. It said that '0x17 - 0x24 reserved for international
and undocumented'. Is it because of this? Is it deferred to the next release ?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Janarthan S