poi-user mailing list archives

From "Harsh" <hubri...@nimaya.com>
Subject RE: problem opening generated Excel file in Excel
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:47:55 GMT
Hi,
      We are able to generate BIG files as big as 5 MB. Most of the
time,
It works correctly.
Here is few suggestions , to check in the excel file.

1. Remove Comments from Cells
2. Remove AutoShapes in excel file
3. Replace Buttons(Form Toolbar) with Macro to Command Buttons(Control
Toolbox) without macro
4. Sometimes, few NAMES give errors. So remove all the NAMES in excel.

After trying this things in your excel, regenerate excel with POI . You
should be able to open the generated file correctly.

Regards,
Harsh Ubriani
Nimaya Technologies, Hyderabad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xu, Liyu [mailto:Liyu.Xu@Dresdner-Bank.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 1:08 PM
To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: problem opening generated Excel file in Excel

Hi,
I use POI 1.10.0 to generate Excel file and write it out. The file has
20
columns and many rows. This works fine, I don't have any problem to
generate
the file.
My problem is, if the generated file is big (e.g. 1,4MB), Excel can not
read
it,
giving the error dialog box: unable to read file. If the file ist
smaller
(e.g. 1MB), Excel can read it without problem. (I try to read the file
both
in Excel 97 and Excel 2000)

Can anybody tell me why excel can not read the generated file?

Thanks for any help,

Liyu