poi-user mailing list archives

From "Steve" <step...@Basit.COM>
Subject borders destroys ability to format cell
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:53:38 GMT
Using 1.8, starting from a template with several empty worksheets, I edit
the template and then save it as another Excel file.
It's fine except............

I have put borders around many cells in a "table" format.
When I open the newly created file in Excel,
for the cells with borders,  in Excel I cannot do the menu
operation:     Format---Cells
It does not work from the right mouse click either. Nothing happens.
I do not get a popup window.

For non-bordered cells, I can do the   Format---Cells   menu operation.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
Has anyone started from a template and created cells with borders?
If so, does the Format Cells operation work for you?

THANKS,
Steve